Saturday, January 14, 2012

stamped washer necklace and keychain

Pinterest is making me a craft junkie!!!  i keep seeing all of these fabulous crafts to do and i just cant help myself!!!  will someone take my computer, laptop, ipad and iphone away please??? 

yes, in case your wondering, im still into sewing.....but im also branching out into other crafting areas.  wait till you see what i made today!

this is a necklace for a family member. HOW. CUTE . IS . THAT.   !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


 and a key chain for me.  CHOOSE JOY!  (that's my motto for this brand spankin' new year)


Harbor Freight has a great set of alpha stamps for like 10bucks!  ive been on the hunt for these for a few weeks.  long story short.....i got 2 wrong sizes today at michaels!  1/8 inch is perfect!  (not the 1/4 or 1/16 at michaels.) 

the washers are just your average-everyday washers from lowes.  i found some simple necklaces on clearance at hobby lobby and some beads at michaels.  Yeah, ive been all over this town today! 

what do you think?  it was definitely a quick project.  the stamping is easy once you get it down.  there are tutorials ALL OVER the blog world for these doodads.  so i cant even link to any because i found like 278.  (wee bit of an overexageration there).

after 6 lovely weeks off....minus the surgical procedure which started my "vacation".....i had to go back to work this past week.  BOO HISS GAG!  (yes im grateful for my job, but i loved being at home).  after spending a lot of time healing physically and mentally (no stress) i decided to do a few things for myself to keep that good positive mojo going!

I started a Gratitude Journal on 1/1.  Everyday I write 5 positive things i was grateful for that day.  believe me, its not as easy as it sounds--LOL.  but its a way to become more of a positive person.  after 14 days of doing this, im already finding myself during the day thinking "yep, thats going in the journal".    I CHOOSE JOY and it feels FANFREAKINTASTIC!

im sure some of you are wondering about the friday night sew in sign ups.  if i can figure out that winky thing again, it will be tomorrow OR monday.    ill be in charge this month because Heidi will be partying it up with her family.  be sure and check back....  FNSI is in 6 days. 

8 comments:

Maria said...

Waht a fab new crafty project you have been working on Bobbi.
I bet it is hard to get back to work after such a long break. :(

I will keep my eye out for the sign up. Sew looking forward to stitching with my online friends.

Wendy said...

They look brilliant! Are they stamped with ink? Good on you for branching out.

I wont be FSNI'ing this week, I'm off to Tunisia on business tomorrow (poor me!) and wont be back until Friday night. I might manage some crochet on the plane though!

Unknown said...

I refuse to look at Pinterest because I will never look at anything else. My family will not be fed, my laundry never washed, floors never mopped (well, nuthin' new there), and I would have to start popping pills to stay awake to read more. My output of projects has decreased in direct negative proportion to my blog roll. Yeesh. And yet this weekend I'll be training Girl Scout leaders at camp, so I'll miss FNSI. I guess I could get my butt off the couch right now...... naw, only halfway thru blogs.... :)

Jamie said...

Wow! Those are great, Bobbi! I'll have to look for some tutorials. I've always wondered how they were made.
Welcome back to work...sorry!!

tammie said...

Love these. Great job.

Quilting with Jannette said...

I love your new necklaces,and especially your new motto! We got some not-so-great news just before Christmas, but last year I chose the word "Hope" to be my motto (or whatever it's called) - and it really does influence your thoughts and outlook!

Minoustate said...

I love gratittude journals too. It's nice to think, 'that's going in the journal' all day. What a great mantra for the year!

Luv 2 Kreate said...

LOVE the necklace and keychain! Super cute and would make great little gifts, or gift tags even...

Love the gratitude journal idea. I did something like that a few years ago when I was going through a depression. Every time I had a negative thought I made myself replace it with 3 positive thoughts. Sure helped me realized how truly blessed I was.