Monday, November 29, 2010

my tree needs her skirt!

I have discovered how easy wonky stars are to make! as i said last week, i dug out my figgy pudding stash and layed out a plan for a tree skirt. i better get crackin too because my tree is going up soon. my 4 stars are done--woot woot.

im using bits and pieces of a tutorial that is on Sew Mama Sew's blog. who doesnt LOVE tutorials?
ive never been a "put the tree up after thanksgiving" kind of gal. no clue why....but i can be a bit of a bah-humbug too. (do people admit that openly on blogland?)
while taking these photos, i realized i need to put my husband and his saws to work this weekend. i need a design wall! hanging a chunk of batting up with stickpins just isnt working for me.
well, back to my machine i go!

5 comments:

Cheryll said...

Wonky stars are becomming very popular... might have to do some myself. You've inspired me!
Merry Christmas.

Sue said...

oooh Wonky stars are one of my favourite blocks. Your's look terrific you clever girl.

Needled Mom said...

It will look fabulous.

Val said...

Oh I love your stars!! Have fun!!!

Diane said...

Love your stars! They look great and this will be a super tree skirt!